The ability to be able to conduct persistent stare on a target has long been sort after from both military and civilian security organisations. The current options are Helium balloons (blimps), observation masts, free flying multi-rotors and kites. Each solution has its drawbacks in terms of physical size, height limitation, endurance and wind speed direction.
Built as a commercial consultation R&D; project by University of Southampton for Cardinal Security
– PTZ gimballed camera with video and thermal image capability (x8 Zoom).
– Interchangeable pods for multi-tasking; Laser, Infrared CCTV, High Definition Photography.
– The only tethered UAV in the UK with CAA permission to conduct aerial work (<120 m).
– Long endurance tactical stare capability (22 hrs before refuel).
– The Tether provide power and telemetry up to the UAV and brings secure data feeds back to the ground vehicle for viewing, recording and onward transmission.
– Failsafe technology built into the design.
– Self-contained trailer – totally mobile solution.